1. Homes are bought by comparison. I have a large inventory at my disposal through MLS while you have an inventory of one.
2. I am very familiar with competitive houses so I can help you position your home well.
3. It is hard negotiating for yourself. I have lots of experience in writing contracts and can negotiate aggressively on your behalf.
4. Buyers are not always forthright about their financial situation. I insist on pre-qualifying before I even bring you an offer.
5. My lender contacts and mortgage experience help buyers get the financing they need.
6. Most buyers don’t want to tell the seller why they don’t make an offer. I can probe the buyer or his agent for that information.
7. Any follow up you do with a buyer can be seen as desperation. I follow up as part of my job so that you are not perceived in a compromising light.
8. I can showcase your improvements better so that you don’t appear like you are “selling.”
9. Most sellers who spend their time as a For Sale By Owner end up by listing in the end. A recent NAR survey found that only 11% of sellers nationally ended up selling by owner. Why spend your time and money if in the end you will hire a REALTOR?
10. Unqualified buyers can tie up your home. I make sure that doesn’t happen.
11. Personality conflicts with a buyer can get in the way. I come between the buyer and the seller so that personalities don’t enter in.